These sessions provide a short interactive learning experience for SHARP users. Each session lasts about an hour, is structured around a specific theme and is free. They can be accessed from your care home, via the Microsoft Teams system. You can take part in any session or sign up to them all, as together they comprise a whole programme to cover the main themes of SHARP.
The sessions are open to all care and nursing staff from SHARP homes. If you want more information, please contact me.
- By phone – 01934 712690 or 07768 960105
To join the sessions, all you need to do is this:-
- Book your place with me by phone or email. I will then email you or your manager, the email to be used to sign in. You will need to make sure you have the MicrosoftTeams program installed & set up on your computer beforehand.
- Make sure you have everything you need at the start of the session. I will let you know beforehand by email what you need.
- Sign in to the Teams Meeting, at least a few minutes before the start time, so that you have everything working, eg microphone and camera.
And that’s it! You will be taking part in an interactive learning session with me and your colleagues.
If you use "Zoom", we can also offer training using that videoconferencing service as well.
SHARP Records & Plans - the simple paper based care planning system
SHARP Records & Plans is a care planning and documentation system for use in care homes for older people. It's in use by over 40 care homes throughout the UK.
Our philosophy is that the record of care is an essential stage in the caring process - it is not an "added extra".
SHARP Records & Plans can do this because it:
- enables you to demonstrate a Person Centred approach to care
- helps you to comply with the Fundamental Standards in the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014
- was researched and designed in care homes, for care homes by a former Inspector
- is suitable for use in homes for nursing as well as personal care
What do you get?
- A specially designed and easy to use, durable binder to hold your care plans for each resident
- Carefully and expertly designed, colour coded, care plan pages on all relevant subjects to meet your resident's needs, delivered to your door when you need them. No more photocopying!
- Detailed "how to" guides for each page and for person centred care planning
- Online access to a range of valuable care planning information and tools directly from this web site
- Telephone support for the system by care planning experts during office hours, Monday to Friday.
- Free telephone-based training sessions twice a year
All this for a fixed, easily budgeted annual charge per registered bed. That's it! No additional costs (apart from postage) and no more struggling with your existing care planning system! How much will you save in photocopying and paper costs alone?
Of course, your staff need to have the knowledge and skills to care, but then they need to be able to plan the care and make a record, in a clear and concise document, to show how they support the resident.
We always strongly recommend you take one of our training packages when implementing SHARP Records & Plans.
for a free information pack, sample pages and a specific quotation personalised for your needs
Still not convinced? Why not contact us to arrange a no obligation discussion to one of our existing users who are happy to be our referees.
or call us on 01934 712690 and speak to Cathy Butterworth for more information