This revision 20th May 2018
At SHARP Records & Plans we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our customers & website visitors.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase of one of our publications or posters.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may also use Google’s remarketing service to target our ads to you based on your prior use of our website when you visit other websites in Google’s content network.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Storing Your Personal & Business Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
The Data Protection Legislation
As from 25th May 2018, most personal data processing in the UK is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (`GDPR’), as supplemented by UK legislation. Personal data is any information that directly or indirectly identifies a living individual. For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the controller of any personal data that we collect from or about you in connection with the provision of our professional services, events, & the provision of SHARP Records & Plans system of care planning.
Under the GDPR, data controllers are required to process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner, and in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data. Personal data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes, and the data must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to those purposes, accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, and kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for those purposes. Data controllers are responsible for, and must able to demonstrate, compliance with these principles.
- by post to The Data Controller, SHARP Records & Plan, Bennett’s, Latcham, Wedmore BS28 4SD (01934 712690)