SHARP Workshops - Spring 2018
Supporting people with dementia with best practice
Come along to our SHARP Spring workshops where ee will be exploring a number of themes including:
- Empathy dolls: What are the potential benefits and the potential dis-benefits for people with dementia?
- Delirium: What are the signs and what should you do if you suspect delirium?
- Human Rights Act: What does this mean for people with dementia?
- End of life care: What are the 'rules of thumb' for evidence-based care?
For each theme there will be an opportunity to practice how you can demonstrate 'best practice' using your SHARP care plans.
There are 4 locations you can choose from:
- Wednesday 23 May in Bridgwater, Somerset - book now
- Thursday 24 May in Bristol - book now
- Tuesday 5 June in Poole, Dorset - book now
- Thursday 7 June in Okehampton, Devon - book now
All workshops start at 9.15am (prompt) and end at 1.30pm. Registration is from 8.45am.
The workshop is just £10.00 per person, (£7.50 for Extra SHARP users). This includes all learning materials and refreshments.
When and where are the workshops?
There are four venues you can choose from:
Date & time: Wednesday 23rd May from 09.15 to 1.30pm
Place: Admirals Landing, The Docks, Bridgwater. TA6 3EX
Telephone 01278 556562
There is ample car parking at the pub. Bridgwater Railway Station is about 20 minutes walk from Admirals Landing.
Date & time: Thursday 24th May from 09.15 to 1.30pm
Place: The Old School Rooms, The Green, Stoke Gifford, Bristol BS34 8PD
This venue is 5 minutes walk from Bristol Parkway Railway station which also has excellent bus links to other parts of Bristol and South West. There is ample paying car parking at Bristol Parkway station - there is very limited parking at the School Rooms. The Old School Rooms is behind St Michael's Church above the wide village green.
Date & time: Tuesday 5th June from 09.15 to 1.30pm
Place: Care South Head office, 39 Commercial Road, Poole, Dorset, BH14 0HU.
Telephone 01202 712400.
There is ample paying car parking nearby. We regret there is no parking on site.
Date & time: Thursday 7th June from 09.15 to 1.30pm
Place: The Ockment Community Centre, North Street, Okehampton, Devon EX20 1AR
Telephone 01837 53276
There is a very small car park at The Ockment and this is available for blue badge centre users only and must be booked in advance. Please use the following Pay and Display car parks:
- Mill Road car park, 5 minutes walk. £2 per day.
- Acorns PPS,(next to Big H pet shop)on School Way. £0.70 for £2.40 for 5 hours or £4.50 for 10 hours.
- Waitrose Supermarket on School Way. (Short stay) £0.50 for 30mins, to £2.20 for 3 hours.
Acorns and Waitrose car parks are both just a few minutes walk from the Centre. Use the footbridge in Lidl car park, The Ockment is then the building on the right.
How to book
- You can book places for you and your staff by clicking here and completing the booking form and tell us how you will be paying for the places (online or by invoice).
- Alternatively, you can email me or call me directly. Please remember to give me all the necessary information, the names of attendees, their job roles and any special or dietary needs they may have.
- By phone – 01934 712690 or 07768 960105
If you have colleagues from other disciplines or from other care homes and they would like to attend, we would be pleased to see them. They can book their £20 place by clicking the button below
Make the most of this learning opportunity, specially designed for SHARP users. We look forward to seeing you!
SHARP Records & Plans
is a care planning and documentation system for use in care homes for older people. It's in use by over 50 care homes throughout the UK.
Our philosophy is that the record of care is an essential stage in the caring process - it is not an "added extra".
SHARP Records & Plans can do this because it:
What do you get?
All this for a fixed, easily budgetted annual charge per registered bed. That's it! No additional costs (apart from postage) and no more struggling with your existing care planning system! How much will you save in photocopying and paper costs alone?
Of course, your staff need to have the knowledge and skills to care, but then they need to be able to plan the care and make a record, in a clear and concise document, to show how they support the resident.
We always strongly recommend you take one of our training packages when implementing SHARP Records & Plans.
for a free information pack, sample pages and a specific quotation personalised for your needs
Still not convinced? Why not contact us to arrange a no obligation discussion to one of our existing users who are happy to be our referees.